Bolt Circle: 112.0
Bolt Holes: 5
Recommended tire combination(s): 245/40-18
Scope of Delivery: Alloy wheel, wheel Bold with lock, BBS-valve and centre rings
Technology: Rim: flow-formed. Inner shoulder hollow shaped by flow-forming/rim rolling. Centre: centre pressure casting. Weight optimized by FEM analysis.
Surface: Titanium silver finish or ball polished finish. Rim protector: stainless steel.
Specials: The resistance to the deformation of the rim shoulder is being increased by 60%. Integrated balancing weights.
How can a big wheel be made considerably lighter in weight while guaranteeing optimum safety at the same time?
This was the problem confronting the BBS development engineers. The result is astonishing: More air. Less weight.
The secret: Hollow chambers instead of aluminium. The patented BBS Air inside technology with circumferential hollow chambers and hollow-cast spokes for noticeably lower weight and considerably better stability.
The Air Inside Technology at one glance:
- The inner and outer shoulder are shaped into hollow chambers by flow-forming and are afterwards laser welded.
- This procedure reduces the weight of the wheel by approximately 5,3Kg.
- The resistance to the deformation of the rim shoulder is being increased by 60% and therefore significantly improves safety.
- The hollow chambers in the spokes increase the air volume of the wheel.
- This counteracts the disadvantageous reduction of the air volume in low section tyres.
- Higher safety pressure at loss of air.
- Improved cushioning characteristics.
- Less noise development.
- Lower tyre flange temperatures